Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am so happy to share with you a poem by one of the Young Author Group's founding members, Trevor Ford, who is also a student at Lake Hamilton High School.

I see thee there
Thou doth weep like thou art the one in pain
Thou doth sob like I am the one to blame
But ‘tis be thee the one who hast wrecked this love
I had tried to sanctify it by declaring it true
I had trusted thee once and thought thee as mine
But thou hast deceived me
I who trusted thee who made thee full of cheer
I who loved thee and let thee near my heart
I gave thee a second chance
And thou hast turned me away again
Each time I trust thee thou hast deceived me
So if each time thou only mean to hurt me
​Why doth thou seek my heart
Just to bring about it darkness and hurt
Thine beauty a temptation to my mortal heart
After I fell for thee I saw a change
A change that therefore would be the end of us
But thou didst love me and I loved thee
Thy heart tells me truth but thine lips tell me lies
But the truth in your heart shall be sought by my eyes
A plague of evil that thou hast placed upon my heart​
Why so didst thou curse me with the loss of love
I loved thy heart as much as I loved my own
Thou hast loved me then left here me to die
But as I lie on the ground one question is on my lips
A question that everyone asks when unpleasant things happen
And that question is “Why?”

No comments:

Post a Comment