Friday, December 13, 2013

~~Don't Forget~~ (Winters Death Pt. 3)

I'm still here world, have you forgot about me already?
I've been here for months, if not years.
I have just been sitting here,
chained to this snowy seat with nowhere to go.
I've been sitting here quietly, 
watching all the people walk around me happy with their lives.
And not a care in the world.

It's still very cold out here you know...
The tree is still weeping over me.
The bench is getting old and moss covered.
Oh, and the fully bloomed rose bush, yeah, it's starting to wilt.
But there is still life within it, for it will not parish anytime soon.
It would mean the death of me, you see,
the rose represents many things.
One of which is "love"..
love comes from the "heart"
the rose bush is metaphorically my heart.
My heart (unfortunately) is chained right here with me.
Confined to endure a life of solitude because no one wants it.

This winter is brutal...
The lady is back, just to let you know...
Winter.
She always comes back at this time.
She leaves my skin snow white,
and ice cold.
A cold that no warmth, 
not even the fire within hell (which doesn't even contain fire, but ice, at least by Dante's perspective anyway.) could warm.
She's the one who chained me here you know.
So pretty, but so sadistic.
So malicious, yet so beautiful.

I'm sorry, I'm getting a little off topic. Let's get back to the poem, shall we???

The only thing that keeps me warm in this snowy wasteland is my thoughts of what it used to feel like, ya know, being free..

The tree is still as black as death's soul.
The bench is getting so old.
The rose bush is starting to wilt...
maybe that's best?
Just don't forget that it's cold outside today.
Don't leave me stranded here world...

--Matthew Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment